Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What am I afraid of?

What am I afraid of? Well I have a couple of things that really scare me. One of them is heights. I have had a fear of heights since I was a very small child. Any time I am driving in my car up a mountain I have a fear of falling off the side. I know that isn’t going to happen because I am not that close to the edge but it’s a fear anyway. I went to skyline drive a few years ago and just getting out of the car and standing on solid ground made me dizzy because of the elevation. My other big fear is being in a tight spot like a closet or an MRI machine. I feel like I can’t breathe and I start to hyperventilate. It’s really a scary feeling and something that I can’t control. When I went for my first MRI, the nurse had to pull me out as quickly as she got me in. I starting kicking and screaming like a two year old that lost their sucker. At fifty, it wasn’t a pretty sight to see. Thank goodness for the open MRI machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment