Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Should people be prohibited from smoking in certain places?

Should people be prohibited from smoking in certain places? I was a smoker for sixteen years and considered myself a heavy smoker. I smoked between a pack and a half and two packs each day. I never had a cigarette that I didn’t enjoy, but I finally quit and that’s been twenty years ago. I am not one of those ex-smokers that complain about the people that smoke, but I firmly believe that smoking should be prohibited in certain places. I feel that any place where people are in spaces where they will be exposed to second hand smoke should be off limits to smokers. I do feel that every establishment should have a space outside to accommodate people that smoke. Smoking is an addiction and it is a very hard addiction to break. I have heard non-smokers complain about smokers that have designated smoking areas outside. I do feel that complaining about smoking outside is a little selfish on the part of the non-smoker. Smoking is a very hard habit to break and most smokers are not happy that they have this addiction and would like nothing more than to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment