Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Families are important because...

Families are important because... they are what make most people happy. I come from a large family counting my parents there were eight of us in all. Now that we have all grown up my parents have sixteen grandchildren and five great grandchildren. I am a mother of two and grandmother of six beautiful little ones that make me happy every day. On my worst day, all I have to do is think about the hugs and smiles of my grandchildren and I can find a reason to smile and be happy. I have always been a very family oriented person and always look forward to doing things with my loved ones. I have quite a few friends that were either an only child or come from small families that don’t see each other very often. Most of them tell me that they wish they had a sibling or two and they envy families that have close relationships. The memories that we make growing up in a large family are wonderful to reminisce about when we get together. Even my children and grandchildren like to hear the stories we tell on each other now that we are all grown and can’t get in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment